ADSM-L

Looking for large capacity library with small footprint - SpectraLogic T950?

2005-10-03 14:41:30
Subject: Looking for large capacity library with small footprint - SpectraLogic T950?
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:40:44 -0400
Hi Everyone,

We may need to put a couple of tape libraries into sites where floor space
is very tight.   The libraries would probably need around 300-400 tapes and
6-8 drives, with
room to expand to possibly double or more in size.  I went browsing for
libraries that
pack lots of tapes and drives into small footprints.

I found a library by Spectralogic, the T950, that can pack over 900 LTO
tapes and a
dozen drive into the footprint of one rack (or more drives with less
tapes).  This library is on the
IBM supported device list for TSM and uses IBM OEM LTO3 tape drives.

Does anyone have any opinions about . . . .

    SpectraLogic as a company?

   The T950 library?

  Any other library options that pack lots of tapes/drive into small
footprints?

Thanks!!!

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.