ADSM-L

Re: Tapes unaccounted for???

2005-10-03 10:50:08
Subject: Re: Tapes unaccounted for???
From: Sean M English <senglish AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:49:20 -0400
Farren,

I've seen this happen before when the TSM DB tapes get out of sync with
DRM.  Basically, what we do, is once a quarter we perform an audit.  We get
a list from the offsite vendor and compare it to the output from q drm.
Any tapes that are on the offsite vendor's list and not on the q drm list
can be brought back and used as scratch tapes.  What you might want to
check is the DBBACKUP expiration period under q drmstatus and see how long
the TSM DB backup tapes are being kept.  Ideally, if you are doing offsite,
you want DRM to control when your DB tapes expire instead of using the del
volh t=dbbb command.  Hope this helps out.

Sean English