ADSM-L

Missing tape in TSM 5.2

2005-10-03 00:23:10
Subject: Missing tape in TSM 5.2
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:22:48 +1000

Running TSM 5.2, I have a tape that is not defined in a storage pool yet
I cannot check it in with a status of scratch.

If I check it in with a status of private I then cannot do anything with
it.

When I run the "q volhist type=all" command it shows up as a volume type
STGDELETE.

How can I get it back to a "useful state"?

Regards
Paul

Paul Dudley
ANL IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line
pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.