ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange restores & temp space

2005-09-15 17:24:01
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange restores & temp space
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:23:11 -0400
Steve,

For a standard restore, the Exchange database files (.EDB and .STM)
are replaced during a restore. They ARE NOT written to a temporary
location.

However... if you are restoring into the Recovery Storage Group,
they are created anew... in a different location. You can point
the location of the Recovery Storage Group files to any location
you would like. That is done when you create the Recovery Storage Group
through the Exchange System Manager.

The Exchange log files ARE written to a temporary location. That can be
specified by setting the TEMPLOGRESTOREPath in Data Protection for
Exchange.
TEMPLOGRESTOREPath defaults to the TEMP environment variable if you don't
set it within Data Protection for Exchange.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/15/2005
04:49:20 PM: