ADSM-L

Library Sharing Errors

2005-09-11 10:11:27
Subject: Library Sharing Errors
From: moti <vvmoti AT WEIZMANN.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:56:27 +0300
Hi ,

Im Running 3 TSM Server with one Library, The Library is Shared between
all of the TSM Servers,
2 TSM Servers are AIX and i dont have any Problem with the Library , its
runs 2 Yearswith no problem, The Problem Start when i add the Third TSM
Server its SLES 9 connected with FC to the Library, I create the Server
in the Library Manager, i create the Paths between them , in the library
client i create the Library and the same Device Class,

My problem is that every thime that i want to use the Library, i got the
error

ANR9999D mmsshr.c(3487): ThreadId<23> Unable to obtain model type for
'/dev/IBMtape0', rc = 46 ANR0409I Session 18 ended for server LANCELOT
(AIX-RS/6000).

when i run a backup db command , i see that the Library mounts the
Volume to the drive and after 5 sec's its dismount it and send this
error

My os its Sles 64 bit(x86_64), the TSM server 5.3.1.4(Both Library
Manager and Client), my Atape Driver is
IBMtape-2.0.8-2.6.5-7.151.x86_64.rpm.bin

does anyone got this problem before ?

--

 Moti Holtzman

     System admin unix/linux