ADSM-L

Re: Virtual volumes question

2005-08-31 08:04:50
Subject: Re: Virtual volumes question
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:04:22 -0400
Robert,

Yes, that's how I've done it. Works fine. You can also have multiple
migration processes running, if you have the resources. The downside is
that migration is by node, so tapes won't be emptied individually, but all
data for a node will be moved, then another node, then another node. If
this is a bad use of resources for you, you can do "move data VOLSER
stg=NEWSTGPOOL" to control the flow a little tighter, and get tapes back to
scratch faster.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 08/31/2005 08:04 AM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/31/2005
06:29:16 AM: