ADSM-L

Re: Adding the TSM Scheduler to a run level on SUSE 9 for Zseries

2005-08-30 02:30:43
Subject: Re: Adding the TSM Scheduler to a run level on SUSE 9 for Zseries
From: Volker Maibaum <volker.maibaum AT EBERSPAECHER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:28:56 +0200
Hello,

        just look at the example init script /etc/init.d/skeleton.
        Copy it to /etc/init.d/tsm_sched
        Edit it (you only need the start and stop section) it's really
        easy...
        And then use "chkconfig tsm_shed on" to activate it. Then the
        script
        will be executed when you boot into runlevel 3 or 5.

        if you want to use the rc-mimik. You can also create a symbolic
        link
        in /sbin: ln -s /etc/init.d/tsm_sched /sbin/rctsm_sched
        Then you can start and stop the scheduler with:
        rctsm_sched start
        rctsm_sched stop

        Volker

        PS: I can send you the script I use if you like - I couldn't
        send it to the list, because shell script attachments are not
        accepted.