ADSM-L

Re: Server-to-server question

2005-08-26 11:32:36
Subject: Re: Server-to-server question
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:32:19 -0400
==> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:29:49 -0500, Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT
EDU> said:

> I have two TSM 5.3 servers, one local(TSM1) and one remote(TSM2), running
> on AIX. TSM2 has two tape libraries, 3583L1 and 3583L2. TSM1 sends the data
> in COPYPOOL1 to TSM2 which stores the data in 3583L2POOL. This has been
> working well for a couple of years. Now, I need to send data from COPYPOOL2
> on TSM1 to 3583L1POOL on TSM2. I thought that this would be easy. But now
> I'm beginning to believe TSM doesn't support this. Since both the define
> server and register node have HLA and LLA options I thought I could create
> a new server and node that used a different port number. What am I missing?
> Has anyone done this successfully?

Yes, and you'll smack yourself once you see it.

On TSM1, you've already defined a SERVER 'TSM2'

The interesting characteristics of this SERVER are;
- SERVER name
- HLA [ip]
- LLA [port]
- node name
- virtual volume password

If you define another SERVER with identical HLA and LLA, but different node
name, then you have separated the two data streams.  The second node can be in
a separate management class, with copygroups headed for the other device
class.

> Current:
> TSM1 ---> COPYPOOL1 -----> TSM2 ---> 3583L2POOL

Addition: