ADSM-L

Re: Device Diagnostics HOWTO

2005-08-26 08:16:39
Subject: Re: Device Diagnostics HOWTO
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:15:47 -0400
On Aug 26, 2005, at 4:31 AM, Vincent RATAJSZCZAK wrote:

Dear TSM world =]

I'm looking for some help about the device diagnostics tools
provided with
TSM:

OPTEST (Optical ?)
MTTEST (Tape ?)
LBTEST (Library ?)

(for Windows, under Device\)

Did anyone could explain me basic operations/procedures to diagnostics
hardware problems please ?

Vincent -

I've never seen any IBM documentation of these device driver utilities,
per se.  Basic usage info can be obtained by invoking them with  -
help  .
Beyond that, you will find specific examples for using them in various
IBM site Technotes.  For lbtest, see contributed info
  http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/msg21188.html

And the IBM site is rich with information on hardware diagnostics in
general.

     Richard Sims        http://people.bu.edu/rbs