ADSM-L

Re: Server-to-server question

2005-08-25 15:01:44
Subject: Re: Server-to-server question
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:01:22 -0500
Rick,

What you are trying to do is going to take a little bit of work to get
it done.  Although you provided us with quite a bit of information I
don't think I have all that I need to help you through this.  Also, this
is going to be kind of involved so if you would prefer you can send me a
note off line, i.e. direct to mark AT mdrconsult DOT com and I will give you my
phone number so we can discuss this.

BTW, I am located in Austin as well.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE

Rick Saylor wrote:

I have two TSM 5.3 servers, one local(TSM1) and one remote(TSM2), running
on AIX. TSM2 has two tape libraries, 3583L1 and 3583L2. TSM1 sends the
data
in COPYPOOL1 to TSM2 which stores the data in 3583L2POOL. This has been
working well for a couple of years. Now, I need to send data from
COPYPOOL2
on TSM1 to 3583L1POOL on TSM2. I thought that this would be easy. But now
I'm beginning to believe TSM doesn't support this. Since both the define
server and register node have HLA and LLA options I thought I could
create
a new server and node that used a different port number. What am I
missing?
Has anyone done this successfully?

Current:
TSM1 ---> COPYPOOL1 -----> TSM2 ---> 3583L2POOL