ADSM-L

Re: ANR8420E

2005-08-25 08:07:21
Subject: Re: ANR8420E
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:07:11 -0400
> tsm: DS3>upda drive 3494 3590_p4 wwn=50050763004060d6
> ANR8420E UPDATE DRIVE: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive
> 3590_P4.
> ANS8001I Return code 3.

You probably have path definition problems.
See the description of that msg in ADSM QuickFacts.
The attached macro will allow you to quickly see the status of
your drives and paths.

    Richard Sims

/* TSM macro 'drives'
                        */
/*
                        */
/* To report tape drives and their states.
                        */
/*
                        */
/* INVOCATION:  macro drives
                        */
/*
                        */
/* NOTES:  Available columns:  LIBRARY_NAME, DRIVE_NAME, DEVICE_TYPE, ONLINE,
                        */
/*                             READ_FORMATS, WRITE_FORMATS, ELEMENT,
ACS_DRIVE_ID, DRIVE_STATE,         */
/*                             ALLOCATED_TO, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE,
CLEAN_FREQ, DRIVE_SERIAL      */
/*
                        */
/* HISTORY:
                        */
/*
                        */
/*     2005/01/12  Written by Richard Sims
                        */
/*
                        */
Select Distinct Char(DRIVES.LIBRARY_NAME,12) As "Library Name", -
 Char(DRIVES.DRIVE_NAME,14) As "Drive Name", -
 Char(DRIVES.ONLINE,13) As "Drive Online?", CHAR(DRIVES.DRIVE_STATE,11) As
"Drive State", -
 Char((Select PATHS.DEVICE From Paths Where PATHS.DESTINATION_NAME =
DRIVES.DRIVE_NAME),9) As "Device", -
 Char((Select PATHS.ONLINE From Paths Where PATHS.DESTINATION_NAME =
DRIVES.DRIVE_NAME),12) As "Path Online?" -
 From DRIVES, PATH