ADSM-L

Re: sysback backup procedure on TSM and client server

2005-08-24 09:32:04
Subject: Re: sysback backup procedure on TSM and client server
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:31:11 -0400
Yeah, I haven't found the TSM integrated features of SYSBACK very
useful.

We do cron scheduled SYSBACKS to a common area on the sysback server,
then do a TSM scheduled archive delete of the area.

We stagger our sysbacks for our nodes over the days of the week to get
all of them done weekly.

>>> goran.k AT VIP DOT HR 08/24/2005 9:22:08 AM >>>
hi,
what do you mean it doesnt work ?
you have to give us some clues, error messages and so on ...
i'm doing over 60 sysbacks to TSM via crontab scripts

goran