ADSM-L

Re: AW: [ADSM-L] Migration Speed Has Plummeted

2005-08-17 09:43:12
Subject: Re: AW: [ADSM-L] Migration Speed Has Plummeted
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:02:19 -0400
Hi Michael,

I've looked at my storage pools and they are defined with caching turned
off.  This is EMC SATA disk that I have just defined, so I am wondering if
that is my bottleneck at this point.  Thanks for the suggestion!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Michael
             Garnebode"
             <Michael.Garnebod                                          To
             e AT T-SYSTEMS DOT COM>          ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         AW: [ADSM-L] Migration Speed Has
             .EDU>                     Plummeted

             08/17/2005 08:24
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hi Joni,

Have a look to your storagepool definition with "q stg f=d"

            Migration Processes: 4
              Next Storage Pool: WP_AZV01
           Reclaim Storage Pool:
         Maximum Size Threshold: 500 M
                         Access: Read/Write
              Overflow Location:
          Cache Migrated Files?: Yes
                     Collocate?:
          Reclamation Threshold:
Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed:
  Delay Period for Volume Reuse:

You can update your storagepool definition with "upd stg"

regards

Michael