ADSM-L

Re: Problems with BMR on W2K (missing DLL's after restore)

2005-08-15 18:29:27
Subject: Re: Problems with BMR on W2K (missing DLL's after restore)
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:29:11 -0700
Mike,
Seeing Leigh's post made me remember our IIS\Win2K restores from a few years
back.  I'm 99.9% sure that we ran into problems with dll's as well before we
got out doc corrected ensureing to uncheck IIS during the install.  With
Windows 2003 IIS isn't  checked by default so you don' thave to remember to
uncheck anything.

Good catch Leigh!

Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK> wrote:
Mike

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that your problem lies with your
vanilla install. You appear to have installed W2K with SP3 to make the
install mirror your live system, but I think the mistake you have made
is to also install IIS. You should not install IIS as this means that it
is running during the restore and therefore does not allow certain
.dll's to be overwritten.

It appears from your post that you are backing up the dll's and they are
on the TSM server, but when you try to restore them, your vanilla OS
won't allow the current dll's to be overwritten, as IIS is running.

I believe the answer will be to reinstall your vanilla OS without IIS.

Hope this helps.

Leigh