ADSM-L

Re: AW: Select for archive size

2005-08-09 08:16:32
Subject: Re: AW: Select for archive size
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:15:25 -0400
On Aug 9, 2005, at 3:10 AM, Stefan Holzwarth wrote:

Richard,

as you mention you have to take care of the expiration that
archivecontents
will have during their lifecycle. Therefore you have to query every
accountiong period for the actual size of the archives. I do not
see any
possibility with perl since the commandline does not show estimate
retrieve
size (as the gui does).

Stefan -

Don't be enamored of the Estimate button, as it's a fleeting client
provision. As the TSM 5.3 Unix client manual says: "The [TSM 5.3+]
Java GUI does not have an Estimate button."

When we speak of performing data acquisition via the client CLI, we
mean using 'dsmc Query ...' to perform lookups on stored data
information - in this case, 'dsmc Query Archive ...'. It's not the
centralized control point you would want, but that's what there is.

   Richard Sims