ADSM-L

Re: Exports and Volhist

2005-08-05 07:55:48
Subject: Re: Exports and Volhist
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 07:54:54 -0400
On Aug 5, 2005, at 7:36 AM, Levi, Ralph wrote:

I am running TSM 5.1.9 on AIX 5.2  and did some EXPORT NODEs to save
some important data "forever".  When I went to retrieve it 5 months
later it was gone.  The tapes were overwritten.  No info was in
volhist
either.  I run:     DELETE VOLHIST TYPE=ALL TODATE=TODAY-90   to keep
the volume history manageable.  Should I be doing this?  Does anyone
have an answer for me on how the EXPORT data was deleted and also some
recommendation

A man walks into his doctor's office and says, "Doctor, it hurts when
I do this...".
The doctor responds, "Then don't do that!"                  -- Henny
Youngman

The Admin Guide manual states:
"To reuse volumes that have previously been used for database backup
or export, use the DELETE VOLHISTORY command."

    Richard Sims