ADSM-L

Instant archive/backup set procedure

2005-08-04 14:18:35
Subject: Instant archive/backup set procedure
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:17:45 -0400
Hello,

I am testing a Instant/Archive backup set process Does
anyone know If you first define a backup set or Generate
a backupset?

When I tried to Generate a backup set I get the following message
in the TSM log.

ANR0985I Process 34 for GENERATE BACKUPSET running in the
BACKGROUND completed with completion state FAILURE at

ANR3508W Generation of backup set for SMTST2 as
TESTFORARCHIVALBKP.322822819 failed - no filespaces to process

Should I define it first? The message where you
define it reads the following.

Fill out the following to define an existing backup set to this server.

What if I don't have a existing backup set? I would like to create
one and have it scheduled.

TSM 5.3.1.2
AIX RS/6000
Test client Aix 5.2.3