ADSM-L

Re: Who has the oldest TSM installation?

2005-08-03 15:10:10
Subject: Re: Who has the oldest TSM installation?
From: David Nicholson <David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:09:37 -0400
Server Installation Date/Time: 08/22/410 B.C. 00:10:05
Server Restart Date/Time: 07/10/2005 08:52:00

YES, that's right 410 B.C.   We were one of the early beta sites for what
was then call "UGH".  It was very popular in all of the cave data centers
where backup and recovery of mission critical data was very important. It
was especially important for publicly held companies to comply with the
"ROX" legislation.  I remember the "UGH" admin at the time was Nean
DerThal...he sure was sharp.  He was the guy everybody went to whenever
they needed to recover a stone tablet.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane......    :)

Dave

Those who understand binary, and those who don't ...
and remember.....
Hardware will eventually fail ... and ... microcode will eventually work.