ADSM-L

Re: AW: [ADSM-L] monthly backup/archive report

2005-08-03 10:32:49
Subject: Re: AW: [ADSM-L] monthly backup/archive report
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:32:05 -0400
On Aug 3, 2005, at 10:15 AM, Rainer Holzinger wrote:

Hello Richard,

excellent reports. There's almost everything in which I need.
Unfortunately we haven't turned on accounting which is the base of
your
reporting. I have to convince my customer to enable accounting but
they are
afraid about the overhead.

Hi, Rainer -

I envision Beaker, at Muppet Labs...  :-)
About all it amounts to is writing an ASCII string to a file, from data
which has been compiled for other purposes in the server anyway.
Any "overhead" would be undetectably small; and in any case, the
value of
the data far outweighs the tiny cost to write the record.
Running with accounting turned on is common.
Fear can be ameliorated by trying out a previously untried feature.

   Richard Sims