ADSM-L

Backup strategy for Lotus Domino

2005-07-29 04:52:26
Subject: Backup strategy for Lotus Domino
From: Nicolas Savva <NSavva AT LAIKI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:54:40 +0300
Hi to all

I am using TDP for Lotus Notes 5.1.5 for backing up Lotus Domino (size
190GB) onto 3590 cartridges. I use the following backup strategy:

Lotus Domino is using Archive Logging.

   Perform weekly selective backups (size 190GB) of all logged databases,
   every Saturday
   Archive the transanction log frequently each day (every 4 hours)
   Run incremental backups every night to backup logged databases that
   their DBIID has changed
   Run the inactivatelogs command in order to expire non-essential
   transaction log files. I am running this command after the full backup.

How can i setup the backup copy group in order to be able to restore a
database 5 years old (keep backups for 5 years)?

Thanks in advance

Nicolas Savva