ADSM-L

Re: Windows x64 support

2005-07-27 19:10:28
Subject: Re: Windows x64 support
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:10:11 -0700
The problem is that this link doesn't say which 64 bit windows OS is supported
one or both?  If you follow then link I provided you'll see that there are now
two different 64 bit operating systems from Microsoft.

First there is the Itanium version which is not run on x86 processors usually
refered to as Windows 2003 Itanium.

Then there is the x86 version which runs on the AMD opteron and Intel EM64T
CPU's which are x86 processors usually referred to as x64 Windows.

For everyone here is what the IBM site says:

Windows® Server 2003 - Standard Edition - 32 bit, Enterprise Edition - 32 bit,
Datacenter Edition - 32 bit, Enterprise Edition - 64 bit, Datacenter Edition -
64 bit, Windows 2000 Professional, Server, Advanced Server, Datacenter Server.

Iain Barnetson <Iain.Barnetson AT HALLIBURTON DOT COM> wrote:
Kyle,
Looking at the "supported platforms" on IBM's web site, I'd say it does,
at least the Enterprise & Datacentre editions of 2003.
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/storage-mgr/platforms.ht
ml

However, IBM's web site has been know to be inaccurate before ;)

IB