ADSM-L

Re: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup

2005-07-26 15:12:46
Subject: Re: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:12:33 -0400
>From SysBack...

Customers will see all software that they are *entitled / licensed* to
obtain in the Passport Advantage website when they login. Because 5.6.0.0
is pretty back level, it is possible that distribution has removed that
specific level - but I doubt it. All entitled customers should have access

to download at least the 5.6.5.0 level from Passport Advantage. If you
believe
that you should have access to that code and do not see it in Passport
Advantage
to download, please contact your sales rep to investigate the problem.
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup & Recovery - SysBack is not
a free component of TSM. Some customers may not realize that purchasing
an "enterprise" version of TSM does not automatically get them SysBack.

Also, the latest level of SysBack - to fully support AIX 5.3 - is version
5.6.6.1.
Customers using a 5.6 level lower than 5.6.6.1 should go to the
TSM ftp / patch server and download the  5.6.6.1 patch level to apply
to their existing installation. The directory path on the server is:
/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/sysback/

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/26/2005
02:50:45 PM:

> No I mean the sysback version 5.6.0.0. not TSM version.

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintena
> > nce/

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches

> > //Henrik

Of