ADSM-L

Re: TDP's and Encryption and 5.3, Oh My....

2005-07-22 11:27:49
Subject: Re: TDP's and Encryption and 5.3, Oh My....
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:27:39 -0400
I've got lots of encryption questions headed my way too.   I haven't yet found
anything indicating that you can encrypt server-to-server communications, and
that's something I'd be interested in.  Anyone else try it?

We also get pretty frequent requests about encrypting the traffic on the wire,
only.  So a customer who trusts our machine room, but needs to cross untrusted
network, can protect their backup stream without the additional overhead and
risk of key management.

So far all we can offer is a VPN solution... (eugh)

- Allen S. Rout