ADSM-L

Re: MB speed with GB line

2005-07-18 11:34:43
Subject: Re: MB speed with GB line
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:27:00 -0400
Hello SMer's

I have a (GB line) NT box (Client) going to (GB line) AIX box (Server).  We
are trying to backup up 800 MB.  Currently we have backed up 254 GB in 58
hours. with an average of 4.4 GB per hour.  A GB line should at least get
my tape speed of 60 GB an hour.

This box (client) houses MacIntosh files and the network admin ran a FTP on
NT & MAC file from client to Server node with 8,700 and 7,700 KB/sec speed.
(30 GB/hr and 26 GB/hr).

The client is also 5.3 and the server is 5.1 (I know, no support)

My question is: Is there any kind of option I need to change on my dsm.opt
file to get the backup to run faster.

Thank You in advance for anyone's help.

Bill Rosette
WWJD