ADSM-L

IBM 3583 FC drive firmware

2005-07-15 12:42:30
Subject: IBM 3583 FC drive firmware
From: Larry Peifer <peiferlt AT SONGS.SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:42:09 -0700
Library 3583 Multi-Path - firmware version 6.03.0004
Drives 3580 FC - firmware version 4772
RMU - firmware version 190B.00004

We have 2 new 3583 libraries with 6 FC drives in each.  The drive firmware
is at version 4772 and we would like to upgrade to the most recent version
of 53Y2L2F.  Since we don't have the fibre cable yet the library and drive
have not been configured or attached to the fabric or RS6000 host. The RMU
is working and we were successful at updating the Library firmware via RMU
from ver 5.22.0004 to 6.03.0004 on each library.

Here's where we need insight from others in this group.  Each time we run
update drive firmware with the RMU method it transfers the data and says
update completed however the firmware level never changes even after a
warm or cold library boot.  Has anyone experienced this issue?  We have an
active PMR with IBM on this and it is currently elevated to level 2 tech
support but they are still at a loss as to what is causing this behavior.

Larry Peifer
UNIX / Oracle /Tivoli Systems Admin
PEIFERLT AT SONGS.SCE DOT COM