ADSM-L

Scheduled backup has wrong IP

2005-07-12 12:51:58
Subject: Scheduled backup has wrong IP
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:36:22 -0400
I have a problem I just cannot figure out.

I'm running AIX 5.2.2 with TSM server 5.2.2.   The client is a windows
2003 server running TSM 5.2.2

I have a client that is(did) backing up on a scheduled task 1 time
successfully.

It's running "SessionInitiated"   Server only so the server has to
contact the client.

For some reason the 1st backup was successful but had the wrong clientIP
in the dsm.opt file on the client.

After the 1st backup it continues to fail trying to use the "OLD" IP
even though the dsm.opt file on the client was changed to the correct IP
and the client node on the TSM server was always the correct IP.  For
some reason the server now appears to think the client has the old IP
and tries to contact it with the old IP.  If I look at the  HLADDRESS
for the client it is set correctly along with the port.

After the 1st backup does the server update itself some how with the IP
from the client and I cannot see it?
I don't see the old IP address any where except when the server starts
the scheduled task and it tries to contact the client(shows up in the
activity log).

Thanks for any help.

Eric Jones

PLATFORM AND SERVER SOLUTIONS