ADSM-L

Re: DB (Image) backups

2005-07-09 00:03:26
Subject: Re: DB (Image) backups
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 23:01:26 -0500
Wanda,

Thanks.  That much I understand.  What I don't understand is "what does
one DO with an image backup?"  The manuals are crystal clear on how to
create an image backup, but very vague on how to use them after they've
been created.

In other words, lets say I'm recoverying my TSM system somewhere else and
I have a/some DB image backups available.  HOW do I recover using
one/them?

Thanks.

Tab

"Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
07/07/2005 03:21 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: DB (Image) backups

If you want to continue creating DB Backups on tape, a DB SNAPSHOT
should work nicely.
It is just an extra, full backup that is independent of the original
full/incremental DB backup series.