ADSM-L

DOMDSMC TDP for Domino on Solaris error

2005-07-08 14:46:36
Subject: DOMDSMC TDP for Domino on Solaris error
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:45:22 -0400
We have been trying to get the TDP for Domino on Solaris, running. We
finally got past most hurdles except for this one. We get this every time
we try to use DOMDSMC.

All of the environmental variables seem to be set correctly (from what I
gleaned from the books). Here they are (from "set" command):

DOMI_CONFIG=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram7/domdsm.cfg
DOMI_DIR=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin
DOMI_LOG=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram7/domerror.log
DSMI_CONFIG=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram7/dsm.opt
DSMI_LOG=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_vram7

NOTESDATA_DIR=/notes/vram7/data
NSD_LOGDIR=/notes/vram7/data/nsd.vram7

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/bin:/usr/proc/bin:/opt/lotus/bin:.:/opt/lotus/bin:/notes/vram7/data:/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin:

Data Protection for Lotus Domino
Version 5, Release 3, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999, 2004. All rights reserved.

ANS1192E (RC959)  Specifying the error log '*' as a symbolic link is not
allowed.
 ACD5412W An error was encountered with Tivoli Storage Manager API
initialization, rc = 959.
Examine the dsierror.log for more information or determine if the TSM API
is installed properly.
 Warning! Error initializing the connection to the TDP library

I checked ADSM.ORG and couldn't find anything specific. When I lookup the
error message, it expect to have a "error log name" in the message, not a
" * "

So, what am I missing ?