ADSM-L

Problems with Restore of AIX Client

2005-07-08 09:23:16
Subject: Problems with Restore of AIX Client
From: Mike Anderson <mfanderson AT HEALTH-PARTNERS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:07:49 -0400
I was trying to do a DR test to recovery one of our AIX 5.2 clients. I did
a restore of the OS and file systems and was going to use TSM for the
data. I want to restore
everything so I typed in restore /*  -su=yes.  I only got back about half
of the file systems.  When I do a q backup /*  I only see the data it
restored. If  I try and restore a specific file system that is missing
(home was the one I tried) it did restore that. Our TSM is server 5.2.3.5
the client is 5.2.3  I did not see anything about problems with this
client. Do I just have an error in my syntax, or is there a problem here?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike Anderson
Associate Systems Engineer - Midrange
Catholic Healthcare Partners - Information Technologies
Youngstown Mega Data Center
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.