ADSM-L

Re: Very slow restores (days), hours to locate files

2005-07-06 10:31:03
Subject: Re: Very slow restores (days), hours to locate files
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:30:15 -0400
Please, everyone, when posting questions about restorals, give
details about the manner in which the restoral was invoked so that we
can get a sense of what kind is involved (NQR, Classic) and what is
involved.

Now...  Robin, have a look at IBM Technote 1209563, which I ran
across in doing research yesterday.  I recall such long-duration-
restores in the past, and as I recall they have involved the factors
noted in the Technote.  LTO is also known for backhitch delays, so
that's another contributor in positioning on tape.

   Richard Sims