ADSM-L

Re: cancelled process waiting around

2005-07-05 11:12:32
Subject: Re: cancelled process waiting around
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:56:52 +0100
I had looked into the problem variously, and came up with nothing. No
panel errors, nothing in the AIX errpt, actlog, drive light nice and
green. I had overlooked tapeutil though.

It is not unusual to find TSM in this state, or variations of; and
restarting dsmserv is the only way of clearing 'stuck'
sessions/processes I know of. It is far from ideal though.

I was hoping someone out there may have a trick up their sleeve for
clearing the process without a restart.

Matthew.

Matthew_j_warren AT hotmail DOT com
Matthew.warren AT powergen.co DOT uk