ADSM-L

Tape return script question?

2005-07-05 09:50:40
Subject: Tape return script question?
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 09:50:21 -0400
Hello,

I have created this script to create a request listing of tapes to be
returned from our vault when they are empty.  As you can see from the
select statement that I run daily it will have duplicates within it since I
have a delay of 5 days.  Is there a certain way I can manipulate this
script so that on the 1st day that a tape becomes pending it is placed
within this listing?  Or is there an easier way to create this list?
Thanks in advance for your help!

select volume_name from volumes where stgpool_name='TAPE_NDMP_OFFSITE' and
devclass_name='NASDEV' and status='PENDING' or status='EMPTY' and
volume_name like 'N%' order by volume_name
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603