ADSM-L

Re: Client Schedules

2005-07-01 10:02:22
Subject: Re: Client Schedules
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 15:01:28 +0100
Andy,

Thanks once more !

Bill

Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
30/06/2005 16:28

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [ADSM-L] Client Schedules

Hi Bill,

Correct. Omitting the drive via DOMAIN will not cause expiration to occur
for that drive. Rather, it prevents TSM from processing that drive at all.

For the first schedule you show, though, why use "-subdir=yes" and
"objects=F:\*.*" ???

1) The pattern "*.*" would cause TSM to skip files that do not contain a
period in the name. For example, if you have

   F:\file1
   F:\file.2

Then the pattern you specified will back up file.2, but skip file1. While
you might not have many "extensionless" file names, I suspect it is not
your intent to omit them.

2) The above notwithstanding, why not simply specify "objects=f:" and omit
the "-subdir=yes" part? This way, you will get full incremental processing
for F:.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-06-30
07:57:36: