ADSM-L

Re: strange problem - missing file on server

2005-06-30 11:58:55
Subject: Re: strange problem - missing file on server
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:58:11 -0700
Can you reproduce this by running a manual incremental backup against the
container directory for this file?

   dsmc i <dir>

where <dir> is the name of the directory containing the file. Make sure to
put a '/' at the end of the directory name, i.e.,

   dsmc i /somedir/

If the file is skipped, can you provide the command line (dsmc) output
showing the results of the incremental? Also, provide the output from:

   dsmc query inclexcl

What happens if you do:

   dsmc selective <filename>

(you fill in the <filename> with the correct directory and name of the
file.)

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-06-30
08:40:09: