ADSM-L

Re: 5.1.7 on NT skipping drives

2005-06-29 13:07:54
Subject: Re: 5.1.7 on NT skipping drives
From: David W Litten <dlitten AT DUKE-ENERGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:07:27 -0400
have files on the d: drive been updated since they were last backed up?

             Paul Fielding
             <paul AT FIELDING DOT CA
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .edu>                     [ADSM-L] 5.1.7 on NT skipping
                                       drives

             06/29/2005 12:52
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .edu>

Hi everyone,
After doing a few searches and not finding an answer to this I figured I'd
see if anyone else has encountered this.

Running Windows 5.1.7client (the last supported client for NT) on NT 4 (sp6
I think).

Two drives, C: and D:

During a scheduled incremental, the C: drive gets backed up, system objects
get backed up, but D: drive doesn't get touched.

No error messages, nuttin.  It's as if the drive isn't there.

There's no Domain line in the dsm.opt file, no excludes.

I can go into the GUI and see the drive, and manually backup the drive.

Same client on other similarly configured NT systems at same site seem to
work just fine.

any thoughts?

Paul