ADSM-L

Re: SATA Array

2005-06-24 07:45:41
Subject: Re: SATA Array
From: "John E. Vincent" <adsm-l-alias AT CLACORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:45:42 -0400
Phil,

If you guys WANTED to stick with IBM, they have SATA available on
certain FastT models (or DSXXXX whatever they've changed the name to
this month).

I've not got experience with the other two. Sorry I couldn't help out there.

John E. Vincent

Phil Jones wrote:
Hi Guys - I know this is a little off the TSM subject, so please accept my
apologies for wasting anyone's' time.

We are about to install a HSM system to manage our 1.4TB Netware File
Systems\Servers and I'm a HSM novice.

We are intending to use a 10 x 400Gb SATA second tier storage solution and
are undecided whether to go with a DotHill SANNet or an Adaptec FS4500 SATA
array.

Being a mainly IBM shop I am unfamiliar we either of theses products and
would be very grateful for any experience or knowledge of gotchas with
either.

Kind Regards

Phil Jones
United Biscuits

e-mail: phil_jones at biscuits dot com

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and solely for the use of
the intended recipient.  They may contain material protected by legal
professional or other privilege. If you receive it in error, please delete
it from your system, make no copies of it, do not disclose its contents to
any third party or use it for your own or any other person's benefit.
Please advise the sender of its receipt as soon as possible. Although this
email and its attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are
virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the company for any loss or
damage arising from receipt or use thereof. Any opinions expressed that do
not relate to the official business of the company are those of the author,
not the United Biscuits group of companies.