ADSM-L

Re: My stupid moment or Don't do what I did

2005-06-23 09:25:41
Subject: Re: My stupid moment or Don't do what I did
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:25:05 -0400
On Jun 23, 2005, at 9:09 AM, John E. Vincent wrote:

...my TCPWindowsize was a whopping 0! ...

Zero is a special value which is supposed to cause adoption of the
operating system network settings; but experiences show that this
doesn't always happen, and in any case may not result in the best
values for TSM. Refer to suggested values in the TSM Performance
Tuning Guide.

So remember kids, NEVER USE DEFAULT SETTINGS!

Amen. Defaults you initially thought were fine can mutate as
software maintenance changes things. Computers are like little
children: tell them explicitly what to do.

   Richard Sims