ADSM-L

Re: BackupStgpool preparation

2005-06-21 13:39:20
Subject: Re: BackupStgpool preparation
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:39:12 -0400
If you want a query, you can just use a query (my resident DBA gets
credit for constructing this one):

select sum(case when q.pooltype = 'PRIMARY' then  o.num_files else
-o.num_files  end) as net_files      from occupancy o, stgpools q
where o.stgpool_name = q.stgpool_name and q.pooltype in( 'PRIMARY',
'COPY' )

If the result is non-zero, they aren't up to date.
You can create variations on this theme to check one pool pair at a
time, if that is more appropriate for you.

I actually set this up as a rule in the Custom Summary for TOR, so a
non-zero result gets highlighted as "needs attention"!

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)