ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server on Debian Linux with Qualstar Library

2005-06-20 12:33:50
Subject: Re: TSM Server on Debian Linux with Qualstar Library
From: Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode AT PARALLAB.UIB DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:33:31 +0200
Sorry, no TSM/debian experience, but I'm in the same position, trying
to move from Solaris to Red Hat EL4. The IBMTape-drivers are available
from ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Linux/, but not for
RHEL4 or debian. I have a support request in at IBM asking for
IBMTape-drivers for RHEL-4 kernels, or plain 2.6-kernels from
kernel.org, but haven't heard back yet.

> Also we want to put the disc pools onto an iSCSI device. Can we use the
> normal iSCSI drivers for that?

AFAIK TSM on linux doesn't support raw devices, so you'll have to put
your storage pools in the file system. Then the underlying device
(SCSI/iSCSI/SATA/whatever) shouldn't matter.

  -jf