ADSM-L

Re: 15,000,000 + files on one directory backup

2005-06-16 16:19:44
Subject: Re: 15,000,000 + files on one directory backup
From: Adam Balaban <ab AT ABAB.NEOSTRADA DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:05:02 +0200
If this is on Win2k, did you try JOURNAL-based backup?
It should be pretty fast, as then the client will collect all the names
of files, that have changed since the last backup. No major data transfer
with TSM DB.
Install the feature, run incremental twice. The second (and all next)
should be fast.  But still run incremental without journal once a
month or week, just to be sure you are in sync. with TSM DB.

Best regards / Pozdrawiam,

Adam Balaban, PhD
Technical Consultant

LX Polska Sp. z o.o.