ADSM-L

Server to server communication

2005-06-16 10:38:53
Subject: Server to server communication
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:38:32 +0200
Hello,

In AIX Installation Guide 5.3,
http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/c3215970.pdf
<http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/c3215970.pdf> , under Compatibility
with Other Versions of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager it states that: "When
upgrading multiple servers participating in server-to-server to Version 5.3,
all servers must be upgraded at the same time.".

We have 4 AIX TSM (5.1.9.3) servers that participate in server to server
communication. Two main TSM servers hosts 2 or more TSM instances and each
database is about 160GB. The two other TSM servers also host Content Manager
and Common Store that needs to be upgraded at the same time as the TSM servers.

Are we forced to upgrade everything at the same time to be in a supported
configuration. Or does TSM support server to server communication between 5.1.9
<--> 5.3.1 or 5.3.2? Maybe I need to take a temporary step to 5.2.4 or 5.2.5
before I upgrade to 5.3.2?

Regards,
Henrik

Med vänlig hälsning
________________________________

Henrik Wahlstedt
KTJ IT NED SE1
        Statoil <http://www.statoil.se/>
Torkel Knutssonsgatan 24
118 88 Stockholm
Sverige
        Phone: +46 8 429 6325
Mobile: +46 70 429 6325
E-mail: Henrik.Wahlstedt AT statoil DOT com

this message.
Thank you.