ADSM-L

ANR0407I and ANR0418W Messages over and over

2005-06-15 15:54:32
Subject: ANR0407I and ANR0418W Messages over and over
From: "Miller, Ila" <ila-miller AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:39:17 -0500
I am getting the following messages over and over on the server activity
log.
06/15/05 10:44:10     ANR0407I Session 82797 started for administrator
VIEW
                       (AIX) (Tcp/Ip 129.255.105.43(56096)). (SESSION:
82797)
06/15/05 10:44:10     ANR0418W Session 82797 for administrator VIEW
(AIX) is
                       refused because an incorrect password was
submitted.
                       (SESSION: 82797)

06/15/05 10:44:10     ANR0405I Session 82797 ended for administrator
VIEW (AIX).
                       (SESSION: 82797)

06/15/05 10:44:10     ANR0407I Session 82798 started for administrator
VIEW
                       (AIX) (Tcp/Ip 129.255.105.43(56097)). (SESSION:
82798)
06/15/05 10:44:10     ANR0418W Session 82798 for administrator VIEW
(AIX) is
                       refused because an incorrect password was
submitted.
                       (SESSION: 82798)

06/15/05 10:44:10     ANR0405I Session 82798 ended for administrator
VIEW (AIX).
                       (SESSION: 82798)

I opened a pmr with IBM and was told I could delete the VIEW admin
account but this would only change the type of message in the act log.
They also said if passwordaccess=generate on the TSM client node
129.255.105.43, then I could log in manually with the VIEW account and
the password would get reset.  He said to login to the client in
question and login to the TSM server using dsmc, which I did.  I was not
prompted for a password so I did a QUERY NODE which asked me for a user
and password.  I put in VIEW and the password and got the results of
query node, but no messages went away.  I do not know how to log into
TSM from a client as when I issue dsmc I am in.  The support person
didn't seem to know how to either and told me to stop the automated
process using the VIEW account and could not provide me with how to
determine what that process might be or how to stop or start it.

I did issue set authentication off and then I started getting messages
in the activity log that indicated administrator VIEW was issuing QUERY
STGPOOL and QUERY DRMEDIA.

Does anyone know how to get the passwords for this one administrator
VIEW in sync?

Ila Z. Miller
Health Care Information Systems
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
ila-miller AT uiowa DOT edu
Phone:  319.356.0067
FAX: 319.356.3521

Notice: This e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may
be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to
the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it.
Thank you.