ADSM-L

TSM, DR, and BMR (Linux Client)

2005-06-15 15:47:11
Subject: TSM, DR, and BMR (Linux Client)
From: Nick Laflamme <nick.laflamme AT NIST DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:31:09 -0400
Is the "Disaster Recovery Strategies with Tivoli Storage Management"
redbook from November of 2002 still the definitive work on using TSM for
bare metal restorations of non-Windows clients? We've got a Linux client
with a balky HDD, so we're trying to come up to speed on this aspect of
TSM under a wee bit of pressure.

I checked the official documentation for the V5 R3 TSM clients for Unix
and Linux, but it has only the briefest of comments about bootable media
and needing a client.

Has anyone worked with modifying a from of Knoppix Linux to include a
TSM client with it?

Thanks,
Nick