ADSM-L

Disk Storage Poos Cache

2005-06-13 10:16:51
Subject: Disk Storage Poos Cache
From: William Sherrill <billsh AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:16:01 -0400
I have seen a few notes recently surrounding disk storage pools.  If you
are interested in keeping data on disk storage for restore purposes, you
can set cache to on.  Cache allows a copy of the data to stay in the
storage pool.  There are some performance hits, but have used it for
sysback pools and some data pools.  I have not done a comparison of backups
with it on and off to determine just how much degradation.

Bill Sherrill