ADSM-L

Re: Filespaces not updating time/date

2005-06-10 09:53:57
Subject: Re: Filespaces not updating time/date
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:53:44 -0600
Good summary, Richard, but just to clarify:

If POSTSCHEDULECMD fails, then the schedule will be considered to have
completed successfully with RC 8, assuming the scheduled operation did not
complete with a higher return code. POSTSCHEDULECMD results have no
bearing on whether the file space's last backup times are updated.

If PRESCHEDULECMD fails (has a nonzero return code), then the scheduled
operation does not even run (as you said, the event is flagged as failed).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-06-10
06:43:51: