ADSM-L

Re: Image Backup with Journal based backups

2005-06-10 08:47:28
Subject: Re: Image Backup with Journal based backups
From: Matthew Large <Matthew.Large AT AVIVA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:44:20 +0100
That sounds promising. Thanks Bill.

We use flashcopy to copy the file system to one mounted on another client
and backup from there - can I ask if you run online or offline Image
backups?

Cheers

William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
09/06/2005 19:49
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Image Backup with Journal based backups

I've impelemented just this at a client of mine. Daily incremental with
the Journal and then a weekly IMAGE backup. They don't
conflict at all. This server currently is about 5.5 million files on 2
different drives.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??