ADSM-L

Re: very very big DB!!!!

2005-06-10 08:02:46
Subject: Re: very very big DB!!!!
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:24:52 +0100
It is different from DBBackup - there are specific load/unload abilities
in TSM. The process results in the DB being re-orged. We recently went
through the process and approximatley halved  the size of our 120GB DB,
the gain is fairly short lived though. The re-org was around 8 weeks ago
and the DB is back up to 80% of its original size.

Matt.

Computer says 'No'..