ADSM-L

Re: Once more into the breach... (remote offsite partners?)

2005-06-09 14:26:43
Subject: Re: Once more into the breach... (remote offsite partners?)
From: David W Litten <dlitten AT DUKE-ENERGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 14:25:53 -0400
Allen,

Thanks for the offer. We have our TSM servers and tapes located at a site
different from the nodes that are being backed up. Someone clever here
found this as a way to take care of off site backups without having to move
things to off site. So, in essence all of our backups are offsite.

david

             "Allen S. Rout"
             <asr AT ufl DOT edu>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .edu>                                                 Subject
                                       [ADSM-L] Once more into the
                                       breach... (remote offsite
             06/09/2005 10:54          partners?)
             AM

             Please respond to
              "Allen S. Rout"
               <asr AT ufl DOT edu>

Hi, I'm making my biannual quavery request for anybody with good network
who
wants to explore trading remote offsites.  I can offer your copies a nice
air-conditioned 3494, with 24x7 operations staffing and a big ol' generator
out back.

- Allen S. Rout