ADSM-L

Re: Netware backups.. ?

2005-06-09 08:32:20
Subject: Re: Netware backups.. ?
From: Kevin Kinder <Admin AT WVADMIN DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 08:32:22 -0400
Your DSM.OPT line on the NetWare client would read:

DOMAIN  SYS: DATA1:

Backing up your GW files isn't as simple.  Third party software like St.
Bernard's Open File Manager appears to work, but it isn't cheap.

In the latest version of Netware, the TSAFS NLM, which replaces TSA500 and
TSA600, has a switch that is supposed to allow TSM to backup open GW files.
However, in my tests, it does not back up the user databases, which is
obviously a problem. I am investigating further with Novell - if you wish,
email me privatley and I will contact you when I find something useful.

>>> bin AT PROGRESSIVE DOT DK 6/9/05 7:33 AM >>>
Hi,

 I'm not very familiar with Netware - but how is backup specified on a netware
client ? I windows, I have all options i dsm.opt, like:

Nodename MyNode
domain C: D:
exclude *
include c:\Dir1
include d:\dir2

Novell uses volumes (as far as I remember from the old 3.20-days) .. How would
the above be handled on a netware server with e.g. SYS: and DATA1: volmues ?

2nd: How can backup of GroupWise be handled ??

Mvh/Rgds.
Brian Ipsen
PROGRESSIVE IT A/S

Århusgade 88, 3.sal     Tel: +45 3525 5070
DK-2100 København Ø     Fax: +45 3525 5090
Denmark                 Dir. +45 3525 5080
Email:bin AT progressive DOT dk

---
This mail was scanned for virus and spam by Progressive IT A/S.
---