ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 client support

2005-06-08 14:32:56
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 client support
From: David W Litten <dlitten AT DUKE-ENERGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:29:34 -0400
I'm using 5.2.2.9 client to back up win2003 to a 5.2.4 server. Haven't had
any issues except with VSS. Those same issues with VSS were also present on
my 5.3.0 nodes.

             "Loon, E.J. van -
             SPLXM"
             <Eric-van.Loon@KL                                          To
             M.COM>                    ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         [ADSM-L] TSM 5.3 client support
             .edu>

             06/08/2005 03:28
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .edu>

Hi *SM-ers!
We are forced to downgrade our server level on our new TSM Server
environment because the hardware we are about to use (EMC DL700) is not 5.3
certified.
We are already using several 5.3.0 clients, so in the new environment we
will backup to a 5.2.4.0 server (on AIX) with 5.3.0.0 clients (AIX and
Windows) and start from scratch.
I cannot find any information about whether using 5.3 clients to a 5.2
server is supported.
I would like to use 5.3 for the client because this level is required for
System State backup on Windows 2003.
Thank you very much for your reply in advance!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential
and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment
may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related
to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke
Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees
shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this
e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.